Haynes Cardiovascular Institute is a widely respected program known for innovative therapies and a truly exceptional team. Our cardiologists and vascular specialists are leaders in their fields, trained at some of the finest medical schools in the country. This elite group of physicians chooses to practice at Marin General Hospital because they share our patient-centric philosophy. Many in our team, including our highly valued registered nurses, expert technologists, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners, have worked together for many years. The resulting exceptional level of teamwork and coordination complements the expertise of our physicians and translates into superior patient outcomes. Learn more about the physicians at Haynes Cardiovascular Institute by visiting our Physician Finder.
The people of Marin value our geographical convenience, but it is our medical excellence that compels them to choose us for their heart and vascular care. We provide a full range of services that stress education and prevention, and provide state-of-the-art diagnostic services and leading-edge treatment. Many cardiovascular issues can be treated in a variety of ways, and we work with exceptional surgeons as well as interventional cardiologists, radiologists, and vascular experts. We offer:
Vascular and heart surgery, plus sophisticated care for A-fib and other complex issues
- Lifesaving treatment for heart attack victims in half the time of the national average
Providing our community with a complete spectrum of care, from prevention education to timely and effective stroke treatment of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Three-year Echocardiography accreditation in the areas of Adult Transesophageal, Adult Transthoracic and Adult Stress by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (2015 - 2018)
- Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for 7 years in a row from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (2011 - 2017)
- Five-Start Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack (5 years in a row) (2014 - 2018)
- Our Catheterization (Cath) Lab team’s rapid response for those with heart attacks significantly beats national standards—our median door-to-treatment time is twice as fast as the national average, resulting in saved lives.