Our Intensive Outpatient programs provide another step in the continuum of care. Patients may enter this level of care directly or as a step down from Partial Hospitalization or Inpatient Treatment. This program benefits adults and older adults who have psychiatric symptoms but are able to manage daily life in the community.
Treatment is individualized for each patient and may include:
- Multidisciplinary assessment
- Individualized treatment and discharge planning
- Group therapy and psycho-educational groups, including stress management, medication education and recovery skills
- Assistance with reintegration into community, job and family life
- Family support and treatment
- Coordination of care with outpatient medical providers for patients with complex medical needs
Patients attend one to three structured treatment sessions each week (Monday-Friday) for one to six weeks. Sessions take place between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m and last for two to four hours. A meal is provided at noon in the communal dining area, and patients return home at night. Lunch vouchers are offered to adult program members 18-55.
We can arrange for and provide transportation for older adults from central and southern Marin.
Both programs are covered by Medicare and private insurance companies. Many supplemental insurance policies, including Medi-Cal, provide secondary insurance coverage.
We welcome referrals from physicians, families, healthcare professionals, agencies or self-referral. Admission into the programs required a psychiatrist’s orders and supervision. If there is not an attending psychiatrist, the program can assist in arranging for a psychiatrist to oversee care while in the program. If you would like to discuss these services in more detail contact us.