At Marin General Hospital, our people truly matter and we are committed to supporting them both personally and professionally throughout their career with us. Our comprehensive Total Rewards program is designed to accommodate and provide flexibility for the diverse and changing needs of our employees – ensuring they and their loved ones are provided for both today and tomorrow.
Wellness @ Work, the Employee Wellness Program, strives to promote a healthier lifestyle for Marin General Hospital employees by supporting the adoption of healthy habits and attitudes that contribute to positive well-being. Wellness @ Work offers a variety of programs, classes, screenings, discounts and more to support you on your Healthy Healer journey. Participating in the Wellness @ Work program offers well-being benefits, cash incentives, and a reduction in your health insurance premiums.
- Onsite Fitness Class (i.e. Yoga, Zumba, Pilates, U-JAM, Group Walks, and more!)
- Fitness Center Discounts
- Onsite & Telephonic Health Coaching
- Amazon Incentives
- Cash Raffles
- Offsite Private Group Fitness Studio Classes
- Health Screenings
- Fitbit Store
- Lunch N Learns
- Wellness Challenges
- Meditation, Resiliency, & Stress Reduction Classes
- Onsite Chair Massage
- Wellness Hikes
- Weight Management
- Smoking Cessation
- And much more!
Health & Wellness Plans
Marin General Hospital provides regular full-time and part-time employees and their eligible dependents a complete health care coverage package at a reasonable cost.
- Our PPO medical plan is administered by HealthComp and utilizes the Blue Shield PPO network. Participants in this plan have the flexibility to choose a home tier (Marin General Hospital) provider, a Blue Shield Preferred PPO network provider, or a non-preferred provider. Low deductibles and co-insurances combined with the flexibility of a PPO plan design make this one of the most comprehensive and competitive PPO plans in the Bay Area.
- Our HMO plan is administered through Western Health Advantage (WHA). Participants have access to some of the largest medical systems in the Bay Area, including UCSF, John Muir, Dignity Health, and NorthBay Healthcare, to name a few. The low point of service cost and $0 deductible for this plan make it one of the highest value HMO plans in the Bay Area.
- Dental – Our dental plan is administered by Delta Dental and covers preventive dental care in full, with no deductible or copays. Other dental care services are covered at a reasonable cost.
- Vision – Our vision plan is administered by Vision Service Plan (VSP) and includes benefits for eye exams, eyeglasses, and contact lenses.
- Prescription Drug Coverage – Drugs are covered if they are part of the approved formulary, unless prior authorization is given. The PPO plan is managed by MedIpact, and the HMO plan is managed by Express Scripts. Both plans includesa mail-order program that provides a 90-day supply of drugs for two times the 30-day retail copay.
- Flexible Spending Account – Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) save you money by allowing you to pay for certain non-covered, out-of-pocket healthcare and/or dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. There are two separate accounts.
- Health Care Spending Account – Health Care Spending Accounts are designed for medical, prescription, dental and vision care expenses you expect to incur for you and your eligible dependents during the plan year that are not covered or reimbursed by any healthcare plan.
- Dependent Care Spending Account – Dependent Care Spending Accounts allow you to pay for eligible dependent care expenses on a tax-free basis.
- Pension Plan – Marin General Hospital offers employees a choice of retirement designs: a cash balance design or a traditional, defined-benefit pension design. Benefits are vested after three years in the cash balance design and and five years in the traditional design. Other options may be available to you as well, depending on contractual agreements.
- 403(b) Retirement Account – The 403(b) Retirement Account is a tax-deferred investment program that allows you to deduct pre-tax dollars from your biweekly paycheck, to be deposited into a 403(b) account. This is an optional financial investment program for reducing tax liability as well as saving for retirement.
Marin General Hospital encourages and assists its team members to further their education in areas that will contribute to the improvement of their current job function and/or enhance their abilities, for potential advancement within the hospital.
Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Through programs administered by Unum, Marin General Hospital provides economic security for your family if you die, become disabled, or experience an injury or illness. The hospital provides, at no cost to you, both basic employee life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance. You can also purchase additional voluntary life and AD&D coverage for yourself and your dependents. Long-term disability (LTD) insurance is provided by the hospital at no cost to eligible employees. LTD insurance provides you with a monthly income if you become disabled or unable to work due to illness or injury. For employees who are not eligible, LTD coverage may be purchased.
Time Off and Leaves of Absence
Marin General Hospital’s Policies & Procedures or the applicable Collective Bargaining Unit can provide information on various leaves of absence, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation, holidays, personal or family illness, or personal business. Employees may also be eligible for extended sick leave (ESL), depending on contractual agreements.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Unresolved personal issues can affect every aspect of one’s life, including work performance. Marin General Hospital provides employees and their families with an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost. The EAP is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for unlimited confidential assistance with nearly any personal matter through licensed counselors.